Cavalry Associates is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our rapidly growing firm. Our highly collaborative environment includes dedicated project managers, architectural designers and building system engineers. We are looking for a highly motivated professional capable of developing exciting designs to integrate with our team.
The SSE role is to assure that project goals are met, that deliverables are developed in accordance with appropriate codes, within budget, on schedule, and quality control objectives are achieved.
- Design structural elements and systems by hand and using computer software.
- Determine design criteria using relevant codes.
- Use software to analyze and design lateral systems.
- Design building foundation, gravity load, and lateral load systems/elements.
- Prepare structural drawings.
- Attend project meetings.
- Review shop drawings.
- Perform field inspections and write inspection reports.
- Mentor and train junior associates.
- Minimum 10 years related structural experience within NYC.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) with a concentration in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Experience working in a structural consulting environment.
- Familiar with renovating and enlarging existing NYC buildings.
- Familiar with the latest versions of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Familiar with the latest version of CSI software packages (i.e. SAP 2000, eTabs, SAFE)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- DOB Building filing experience preferred but not required.
PE license in New York preferred but not required.
- Dubbed “New York’s real estate force”, life at Cavalry is many things, but it’s never dull. At 25 team members and growing fast, Cavalry has established and continues to nurture a great company culture that fosters high levels of work satisfaction and contribution from its employees.
- The SSE position at Cavalry is a great way to do work in an exciting industry with great growth potential and career advancement.
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in a role that offers rewarding project milestones and amazing support from your team.
- Our brand new super-cool office space is a great environment to work in and will help drive collaboration and innovation.