Cavalry Associates is seeking to hire a Senior Filing Representative to join our rapidly growing firm.
Senior Filing Representative for the following types of construction:
- Minor Alterations
- Major Alterations
- Major Alterations with New Building Requirements
- New Building Requirements
- Filing and Expediting
Travel to the following city agencies in all 5 boroughs as required.
- DOB borough offices
- DEP HQ and local offices
- FDNY HQ
- DOT HQ and borough offices
- DPR (Department of Parks and Recreation) local offices
- NYPD (1 Police Plaza)
Validating Construction plans as well as documentation for filing the scope of work:
Attend appointments, as required, included but not limited to:
- Plans Examination
- Standard Walk-Ins
- Walk-ups with Inspection Units
- Commissioner meetings for waivers, pre-determination, and determination
- TCO/CO appointments with other project advocates and/or the commissioner
- Work with Project Management to resolve filing issues and objections from city agencies.
- Communicate with agency personnel and colleagues in a professional manner.
- Support senior staff with day-to-day operations.
- Develop and maintain company standards, policies, and protocols.
- Train and mentor Junior Project Associates
- Active DOB Class 2 Filing Representative License
- Active FDNY Filing Representative Registration
- US Citizenship or US work authorization
- Bachelor’s in Architecture and/or Engineering preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with NYC Zoning, Building Code, Energy Compliance Code and Multiple Dwelling Law analysis.
- DOB Filing Experience
- Corrections and Amendments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong technical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage a high volume of work.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.