Cavalry Associates is an industry leader providing expediting services, and navigating city agencies on behalf of developers, builders, architects, engineers, property owners and other building professionals.
About the job:
- Analyze DOB & other Municipal Agency Objections on submitted construction filings in order to best obtain approvals, including finding design deficiencies, re-strategizing large projects, and advising design team and client/contractors on changes required.
- Attend Plan Exams with DOB for New Building, Alteration Types I & II applications. Attend any other project pre-meetings with DEP,OCMC meetings, construction inspections or SWO/vacate rescind inspections.
- Review filings to DOB, FNDY, DEP, DOT, as prepared by Project Managers, including quality control and ensuring strategic implementation within open projects.
- Conduct research and prepare best strategy for new and ongoing projects, including risk assessment and reorganizing courses of action as needed. Ensure ongoing best practices within open projects to best and quickest attain end goal.
- Attend and lead project meetings with internal staff, clients, or vendors related to project design, progression, and construction.
- Manage two Project Managers, including answering open questions, conducting quality control on open projects and work, and leading any training or team development as needed for open project items.
- Requires 3-5 years’ experience in a field working directly with DOB.
- Intake of new projects for returning or first-time clients, including all research needed on property/code/zoning, communicating with the client to ascertain their desires/end goal, and come up with proper course of action to give over to PM handling new project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Project Management Software experience is preferred, but not required
- Learning and becoming fully comfortable with Cavalry’s Project Management software which manages and tracks all open and pending projects
- Leadership Skills to enforce and develop protocol employees
- Communicate and mentor Project Associates (minimum of 5)
- DOB approval experience required
- DOB filing and permitting experience required
- Regulatory code analysis skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
$90,000 – $125,000*
*Depending on relevant experience, skills